Frequently Asked Questions

My Learners' Driver Licence will expire soon. Can I renew it or do I have to do the computer knowledge test again?

You cannot renew a Learners' Driver Licence. You have to take the computer knowledge test again, and that passing grade is only good for 2 years.

How many hours of class time do I need?

For students unsure of the number of hours necessary  to become a confident driver, we suggest a one hour driving assessment with an instructor. Our experienced instructors will evaluate your level of expertise and recommend an adequate number of hours accordingly. We also welcome you to call in to our centre where our friendly staff may suggest the perfect package according to your driving experience.

What driving skills will I learn through your programs?

At Fraser Driving School we aim to prepare our students so that they may be confident and safe defensive drivers on the road. Our experienced instructors will work with you to enhance and correct your driving skills. The following list is of specific skills our programs reinforce:

  • Pre-trip check
  • Two and three point turns
  • Steering and wheel control
  • Maintaining speed control
  • Changing lanes safely
  • Becoming confident at large intersections
  • Stall parking (driving forward and backing up)
  • Maneuvering smoothly through parallel parking
  • Merging and exiting highways or freeways
  • Hazard perception
  • Maneuvering and avoiding head-on collisions
  • Gaining confidence for the road test

Can I drive alone with my letter “L”?

No, you cannot. As a learner, you must be accompanied by a supervisor 25 years or older with a class five B.C. drivers licence or with a professional driving school instructor.

As a new driver can I drive anywhere with my letter "N"?

Yes, you can. The only restrictions for the novice driver's are the following:

  • Display the letter N on the back of your car.
  • 0 alcohol blood level.
  • May carry only one passenger. Unless the other passengers are immediate family members or there is a supervisor 25 years or older with a valid B.C. class 5 driver's licence.

Where can I practice for the computerized knowledge test?

Is there a Driver Services Center near me?

There are fourteen Driver Services Centers in the Lower Mainland:

  • Abbotsford: McCallum Centre Mall, 1-33498 Bevan Ave.
  • Burnaby: 3880 Lougheed Hwy.
  • Chilliwack: 1-45467 Yale Rd. West
  • Port Coquitlam: 1930 Oxford Connector
  • Langley: 20290 Logan Ave.
  • Maple Ridge: #175-22470 Dewdney Trunk Rd.
  • Mission: 32818 7th Ave.
  • North Vancouver: 125 E. 13th St.
  • Richmond: 5300 No. 3 Road Lansdowne Centre
  • Surrey: 13426 78 Ave.
  • Vancouver - Point Grey: 4126 MacDonald St.
  • Vancouver - 2750 Commercial Dr.
  • Vancouver - 221-1055 West Georgia St.
  • Vancouver - 232-4820 Kingsway (Expressway)

I have a full licence from another country, can I transfer to get a full BC license?

Transferable licences may be accepted from the following countries: Canada, U.S.A., Puerto Rico, Japan, Germany, New Zealand, South Korea, Australia, Netherlands , Swiss or United Kingdom, Austria and France.

How long does the GLP program take?

It takes approximately 1.5 to 2 months.

**For more information check or contact us we will be happy to answer your questions.

Fraser Driving School

go to


1662 East 12th. Avenue

(corner of 12th and Commercial)

Vancouver, B.C. V5N 2A3

view map
phone inquiries

604 454 9337

email inquiries

2011 - 2017 © Copyright Fraser Driving School. Design: